Northgate High School aims to be an outstanding school where young people enjoy learning, achieve highly and enter into the adult world with confidence. We aim to produce an environment that encourages each pupil to develop qualities of self-discipline, organisation, motivation and the enjoyment of working hard which makes them confident and competent members of society.
We will continue to develop the positive ethos and learning culture throughout the school community with a commitment to continual improvement and meeting the very highest expectations.
We will continue to encourage a strong and effective partnership with parents and the local community.
We will continue to develop the literacy, creativity and communication skills so necessary for pupils to access the curriculum and take a full part in society.
We will take every opportunity to reward pupils and enhance their self-esteem whilst supporting one another in demanding the highest academic and social standards.
We will offer a broad and balanced curriculum which evolves to reflect the needs of pupils and the demands of modern society.
To develop in each pupil:
- Self-esteem and a feeling of self-worth.
- A healthy lifestyle and physical and mental well-being.
- Care and respect for people and the environment in a context of social, moral, multi-cultural and spiritual awareness.
- The ability to work as part of a team, developing a sensitivity to other people’s needs and points of view.
- A responsibility for their own learning and actions.
- An awareness of the modern world, and an environmental and aesthetic appreciation of it.
- The ability and confidence to communicate effectively. This includes development of the key skills of literacy, numeracy and ICT.
- A sound scientific and technological understanding.
- The ability to understand and analyse information.
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills to solve problems.
- A creative and enquiring mind committed to life-long learning.
‘The Northgate Way’ is established and embraces a growth mind set approach to learning on the core principles of Respect, Readiness, Responsibility, Resilience and Reflectiveness. We aspire for all at Northgate to value learning, inspire excellence and fulfil their potential.