Congratulations to Year 11
“We’re really pleased and also proud of our pupils because they’ve done brilliantly from their starting points and seeing their smiling faces makes it all worthwhile. There’s been five years of hard work, dedication and teenage issues that invariably come up, and to see the culmination of that is brilliant. You have to remember these are their first independently marked public exam since primary school. Students sometimes doubt themselves along the way and these results are great for their self-esteem because it’s proof they really can do it.
We are proud of all of our students and wish them every success for the future. Northgate is a school which caters for all, supports all, and maximises the potential of all.
As Heads of School, we extremely proud of the results at both A Level and GCSE, and of the teamwork with our hardworking and dedicated staff, which has secured such great outcomes with students”. – Zoë Galley and Duncan Hone, Heads of School
Students taking GCSEs in England are awarded number grades, with a scale from 9 to 1, with 9 being the highest grade (top 4% nationally).
A grade 4 in both English and Maths is considered to be one of the main accountability measures in the academic outcomes of a school.
GCSE Results 2019:
- 63% of pupils achieved 9-4 (‘pass’) in both English and Maths
- 71% of pupils achieved 9-4 in Maths
- 73% of pupils achieved 9-4 in English
- 65% of all GCSE grades were grade 9 to 4
- 44% of all GCSE grades were grade 9-5 (strong pass)
- 21 different pupils achieved a grade 9
- 90% of pupils left with at least 8 GCSEs
- 71% of all Art and Design, Photography, Graphics and Textiles grades were 9 to 5
- 70% of all Science exams were 9-4
KS4 Peformance Data from 2019:
- Progress 8 Score: -0.05
- Progress 8 (Disadvantaged): +0.04
- Attainment 8 Score: 43.6
- % of pupils entering the EBacc (English Baccalaureate): 18%
- % of pupils staying in education or employment after KS4: 94%
Congratulations to Year 13
“This year’s results  are a credit to the hard-working students and supportive parents. We’re fortunate to have such well-qualified and dedicated teachers. Our record in helping students access the best universities and apprenticeships continues, and we’d like to thank all students, parents, carers and staff for another wonderful year of support.”
David Brook & Jonathan Atkin, Co-Directors of Dereham Sixth Form College
A-Level and BTEC Results 2019:
A*- A = 30% 39 students achieved Norfolk Scholar status
A*- B = 46%
A*- C = 74%
Overall ALPS grading = 2