Home/School Partnership Agreement
The aim of the Agreement is to encourage shared responsibility between home and school, so that each student achieves their personal best and, in so doing, contributes to the school community.
The School accepts responsibility to:
- Encourage the habit of regular and punctual attendance at school
- Contact the home promptly in the event of a student being absent from school without prior authorisation
- Encourage the wearing of correct school uniform at school and in journeying to and from school
- Let the home know of any concerns or problems that might affect a student’s work, behaviour or relationships
- Communicate clearly the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour and discipline through our web site.
- Apply consistently these policies and guidelines
- Set, mark and monitor homework, offering an appropriate facility for students to do homework in school
- Check and sign the personal organiser and use it as a means of communication
- Send home regular reports and screening information of each student’s progress
- Arrange parent/teacher consultations
- Communicate to parents and students the Complaints Policy and respond in an efficient and effective manner when it is used
- Provide a safe environment for all students
- Keep home informed about School activities through regular newsletters, our web site, our Facebook and Twitter pages and the school newspaper
- Encourage each student to get involved in a variety of school activities
- Be open and welcoming at all times, offering opportunities for families to become involved in the life of the school
- Above all, provide a broad and balanced curriculum and opportunity, commitment and encouragement to each student in order that their full potential is realised.
I accept responsibility to:
- Attend school regularly, on time and properly equipped
- To wear the correct school dress at school and in journeying to and from school
- Inform, where appropriate, a teacher (my tutor) of a concern or problem that I am experiencing, that might affect my work, behaviour or relationships
- Abide by the school’s Code of Conduct as detailed in all classrooms
- Complete all homework set, on time and to the best of my ability
- Use my Personal Organiser to help me plan and manage my time
- Attend parent/teacher consultations, where appropriate
- Be polite and respectful to all members of the school community, visitors and our surrounding community
- Respect and care for the school’s and each other’s property
- Above all, make every effort to achieve my best and involve myself in the life of the school.
I/We accept responsibility to:
- Ensure that my child attends school regularly, on time and properly equipped
- Inform the school promptly of any absences
- Take holidays or leave of absence out of term time; where this is not possible, to request leave of absence in advance from the Headteacher to consider
- Ensure that correct school uniform is worn at school and in journeying to and from school
- Let the school know of any concern or problem that might affect my child’s work, behaviour or relationships
- Support the school’s policies and guidelines for behaviour and discipline, as detailed on the schools web site
- Give support and encouragement with homework and provide a suitable environment for home learning
- Check and sign the Personal Organiser and use it as a means of communication
- Attend parent/teacher consultations
- Familiarise myself with The Complaints Policy, should the need arise
- Above all, encourage my child to get involved in all aspects of school life.
Parents of new pupils receive a copy of the above Home School Partnership Agreement and are asked to sign it as a commitment to working in partnership with the school.