Northgate High School is renowned for its European dimension.
We have been awarded the European Language Label and the European Award for Languages for our innovative and creative French curriculum.
We maintain strong links with several European schools and regularly attend and host joint ventures. Each year Northgate staff attend a Teachers’ Conference. A group of staff and pupils attend a biennial European Arts Festival, giving pupils the exciting opportunity to work with pupils across Europe. The Northgate High School Concert Band has also made European tours.
We strive continually to provide an interesting range of educational visits and cultural experiences for our pupils. We have a team of dedicated staff members who meet regularly to discuss activities for the future. There are regular visits to France, Germany, Spain, Holland and Iceland.
Northgate is very excited to be renewing its partnership with our Chinese school, Wel Yu Middle, in Shanghai and we will be looking forward to developing further exchanges to enhance our teaching and learning experience for all in the school.
We believe in Education in its widest sense and continue to provide a range of Study Visits, Language and Cultural Exchanges, and Work Experience.
Planned visits include:
- The Belgium Battlefields Experience: a joint History Department and Modern Languages visit.
- The Spanish Exchange: with our link school in Zaragoza.
- The Dutch Mini Exchange: with our link school in Baarn.
- The ‘Ardèche’ Experience (France): an adventure visit during our Curriculum Enhancement days in July.
- The Icelandic Experience: a visit to an arctic environment with glaciers and geothermal activity.