Emotional Health and Wellbeing Support Officer
to start September 2021
Part-time 37 hours per week
8.30am – 4.30pm
Term time plus 2 weeks
Salary – MRS Scale F Point 12 (Full time annual salary £22,183) Actual salary £19,484
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, efficient, friendly and reliable person to join our ambitious team at Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form College.
We have a vacancy for a brand new role that will involve the successful candidate working with parents, students and staff, promoting and improving the emotional resilience and wellbeing of young people aged 11-18 to enable them to learn to the best of their abilities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Approved certification in coaching and mentoring
- An understanding of the development, emotional, social and educational issues of young people
- Knowledge of local and national mental health provision
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a vibrant environment across the academy working closely with an experienced and highly qualified team.
The role will include the following specific duties:
- Work in conjunction with the School Liaison Officer to develop a whole school wellbeing strategy
- Provide evidence-based interventions for students to improve their emotional health and wellbeing and encourage students to access them
- Plan and deliver group sessions on agreed topics related to wellbeing and positive mental health (e.g. Mindfulness, resilience, anxiety management).
- Promote healthy lifestyles and positive mental health and wellbeing
- Facilitate one-off drop in sessions for individual students (social time)
- Liaise with Safeguarding Lead where other agencies may need to be involved
- Organise events for parents/carers aimed at improving their ability and confidence to give support and direction to improve emotional wellbeing and resilience
- Arrange and deliver relevant training to staff
- Arrange for monitoring and evaluation of activities, ensuring that the young person’s voice is sought and heard; amend plans on basis of evidence available; provide written assessments of impact as required
- Establish and regularly update a dynamic wellbeing page on the school’s website.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of local and national provision for mental health and research policy and practice in relation to young people’s emotional health and wellbeing
- Work within the established school framework to provide regular written and verbal feedback to the Senior Team.
The process to apply for this post is completion of an on-line application form available via the educationjobfinder website: www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on FRIDAY 30th JULY. For an informal discussion, please contact Mrs Culley via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 4th August.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications irrespective of race, gender, religion, disability, sexual orientation and/or age. We value the individuality and creativity that every worker potentially brings to the workforce.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Northgate High School, Dereham Sixth Form College and DESA are part of Unity Education Trust (UET) is a Multi-Academy Trust built on developing like minded schools to outstanding and beyond through collaborative working that develops a unity of purpose in all that we do.
Northgate High School, Dereham Sixth Form College and DESA are a part of Unity Education Trust which is a charitable company limited by guarantee (Company No. 10591822) registered in England and Wales at Crown Road, Dereham, Norfolk NR20 4AG
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Glyn Hambling, B. Ed. (Hons), M.Sc., N.P.Q.H