Senior Science Technician
Commencing as soon as possible
30 hours TT + 2 weeks MRS Scale F Actual annual salary £15,798 to £17,441annum
(£22,183 full time equivalent salary)
We are a school committed to our community in the thriving market town of Dereham on the A47 corridor, with excellent transport links to the city of Norwich. In our last Ofsted report Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form was graded a ‘Good’ school in all areas.
This is an exciting opportunity and the Senior Science Technician will assume responsibility for the provision of specialist technical support to the school’s large Science department, leading a team of technicians to provide assistance, advice and practical support to the Science curriculum.
The Senior Science Technician’s role will involve:
- Leading and managing the school’s Science Technicians in the delivery of materials and resources necessary for the Science curriculum to teach practical work and use practical demonstrations
- Liaising with teaching staff to ensure practical demonstrations and experiments successfully, and safely, work in the classroom
- Working with the Head of Department to strategically plan the necessary provision, and ordering the necessary resources
- Promote safe working amongst colleagues leading on the development of best practice and conducting health and safety checks on laboratories, prep rooms and storage locations
The essential qualities for the Senior Science Technician include:
- Experience of providing first-hand science technician support
- Experience of working with Science equipment, materials and chemicals with a working knowledge of scientific experiments
- An understanding of science education and the ability to make relevant preparations to support teaching and learning
- Evidence of management and leadership experience with excellent organisational and communication skills necessary to lead a team
In return for the right candidate we are offering a competitive salary in line with MPS and UPR scales and:
- All the advantages of a successful academy group, with a friendly strong central team of support, teaching and leadership staff
- Being part of an extended network of teachers and leaders who share and exchange ideas and the benefit of health care plans and continued professional development opportunities.
Northgate High School is a valued member of Unity Education Trust. The successful candidate may have the opportunity to work across other schools as part of the Unity Education Trust and will benefit from supportive Governors, Trustees and parents.
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit please contact the Business Manager on 01362 697033.
Closing date for applications is Monday 20th September at 9.00am.
The process to apply for this post is completion of an on-line application form available via the educationjobfinder website: www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Northgate High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check is required for all successful applicants.
Northgate High School is a part of Unity Education Trust which is a charitable company limited by guarantee (Company No. 10591822) registered in England and Wales at Crown Road, Dereham, Norfolk NR20 4AG
Chief Executive Officer: Mr Glyn Hambling, B. Ed. (Hons), M.Sc., N.P.Q.H